Neighborhood Street Safety Program
This summer the City of Bend is planning on the construction of six of the remaining Neighborhood Street Safety Program (NSSP) projects!
These are projects 12-17 on the map, and are as follows:
- Project 12: Crosswalk across Parrell Road at Calvin Way (Southeast Bend)
- Project 13: Crosswalk across Parrell Road between Haley Creek and Hawes (Southeast Bend)
- Project 14: NE 8th Street Sidewalk and Crosswalk north of Jones Road (Orchard District)
- Project 15: Crosswalk to Columbia Park (River West)
- Project 16: Larkspur Trail Crosswalk (Larkspur)
- Project 17: Woodriver Village pedestrian safety (Southern Crossing)
These projects have reached “100% design” meaning the designs are complete and will be sent out to for construction bids shortly. Each of the Neighborhood Associations associated with these projects have been contacted by City staff to meet before construction begins.
As for the remaining eight projects, design will begin shortly! The remaining projects are listed below:
- Project 18: Safety for Boyd Acres Road S-Curve (Boyd Acres)
- Project 19: Summit High School Crossing at the Discovery West Trail, Lolo Drive Crossing (Summit West)
- Project 20: Traffic Calming Providence and Locksley (Mountain View)
- Project 21: Larkwood Drive Sidewalk (Southwest Bend)
- Project 22: Deschutes River Trail Crossing at Mt. Washington (Awbrey Butte)
- Project 23: Chamberlain Neighborhood Connectivity (Southern Crossing)
- Project 24: Safety for Archie Briggs Road S-Curve (Boyd Acres)
- Project 25: Crosswalk across Century Drive (Century West)
City staff will be reaching out to these neighborhoods in the next few months as the project teams progress with design to get feedback.
As for the future of the NSSP beyond these next two years, City staff are working on a plan to complete 1-2 new projects in each Neighborhood Association starting in 2025. Tune in to the Neighborhood Leadership Alliance Meeting on March 14, 4-6 p.m. to see a presentation on the NSSP that will include updates related to the future of the program.
Meet Christian Williams!
Christian Williams is the program manager for the Neighborhood Street Safety Program (NSSP). Christian is and Engineering Associate and been with the City of Bend delivering NSSP projects for over a year. Moving forward, all of the NSSP projects will be managed by Christian!
Before coming to the City, Christian worked for the City of Wenatchee in Washington doing plan review. Outside of work Christian likes to loiter in coffee shops and breweries.
If you have any questions about the NSSP, please feel free to reach out to Christian at firstname.lastname@example.org.